- Multiple drawing views: Use multiple views of a project simultaneously, and begin work in one view pane and finish it in another. Switch effortlessly between viewports, views, and visibility settings — simply set up panes and view them all at once. Instantly gauge the impact of a design change across 3D, plan, section, and elevation views, and even start a rendering in one view while working in another.
- Direct section and elevation editing: Edit models directly from viewports: add openings, align and distribute windows, reposition doors across multiple layers, reshape walls — it’s all possible. Change the 3D views while in the section to see how edits simultaneously affect plans and model views. And, create better-looking, more-accurate drawings in a fraction of the time.
For architecture, notable improvements include:
- Improved graphic output for architectural documents: Generate documentation from a BIM file much more efficiently. Improved graphic controls within section views of wall joins and wall, or slab and roof components provides the flexibility to quickly achieve high-quality documentation from a 3D model.
- Robust wall modeling options: Control individual component heights by instance, attach information to them, insert component caps, and simultaneously edit multiple selected components from an easy-to-use dialog box. Plus, swiftly make wall graphic display changes with the new ability to switch all attributes by class.
- Easier title block customization: Customize items such as variables and orientation, choose from an unlimited set of information to include in a title block, and use styles to more simply manage many title blocks across one or multiple projects.
- Streamlined drawing distribution: Publish drawings based on issue date and a tightly integrated new title block object; generate and distribute drawing sets, issue information and reports throughout the duration of a project; and automate the typically laborious process of creating a BIM project or lighting a stage.
Enhancements for entertainment design include:
- New zoom option for video and blended screens: It’s now easier than ever to manage the planning and visualization of video screens in designs. With new graphic output capabilities, more accurately understand, estimate, and adjust available throw and zoom, to enable final equipment choices earlier in the design process.
- Enhanced seating section: Choose from additional layout methods, multiple seat numbering options, and graphic controls to easily set and modify seating sections from the Object Info palette. Generate more precise seating layout visualizations for an event and automate seating schedules for inventory and ordering.
For landscape design, important updates include:
- Direct site model contour editing: Edit a site model easier than ever with improved site model settings and direct 2D contour editing. Modify each contour line as easily as editing a polyline.
- New import/export tree survey options: Generate existing site conditions from GIS and tree survey data without the need for external tools. Just use geolocated tree species data to create existing tree objects and export back to clients via Shapefile (SHP), TXT, and DXF formats.
There are MANY more new features and enhancements in addition to the ones listed above. You can check out the Vectorworks 2018 brochure here.
Download Vectorworks 2018 today and experience it for yourself! If you are a Vectorworks Service Select member, you can download it right now via the VSS website. If you are not a Vectorworks Service Select member, contact us to upgrade today!